.

.

7 August 2009





pick me focuses on eight randomly chosen Australian marsupials that are sometimes found neglected by urban folk. It's my "orange" version - a concertina book made with a biro, ink, shellac on an old lithograph of mine and printed matter found at my local council library book sale. When open, they spin around with eyes wide imploring us for some attention, then can be reshaped into a pile of animal heads lying around like leaf litter.





chaloupy/cottages was made after the trip in 2007 to Valšské Meziríči a town in the Czech Republic where my mother’s family originates. No longer does anyone remember the family house so I walked around the streets claiming any home that gave me some pull. The structure became important for this book so I included some popups - my first ones. Here I can reshape this simple book into new architectural forms and spaces making every time a new family house.


Books...beyond words

East Gippsland Art Gallery

8 August – 2 Sept

2 Nicholson St, Bairnsdale

3 of my little books will be in this show.


Related Posts with Thumbnails

go to