.

.

20 July 2010




For some colour and some kitschness... here is a most magnificent 'sun god' by František Kupka (1871- 1957) an important czech painter and graphic artist. Found this powerful work as the pin up for an exhibition of prints and drawings from the Prague National Gallery collection - unfortunately no other images. ps There is a beautiful example of his colour abstraction paintings at the Art Gallery of NSW in the Paths to Abstraction exhibition.

Went to Rozelle Markets to visit a friend and ended up with at long last a new- old thermometer and it being a german weatherhouse is grand as now I will know if it will rain or not. Yes it did rain today as the gent with his red umbrella is out by the deers..... 
Thank you to Gail for my new vintage czechoslovakian tea towel to go with other finds of the day. Outside her place I found this envelope I could reuse in some art and then laughed when told it had already been spotted, picked up, read and discarded. Yay, the double rejected ephemera is now mine...


Related Posts with Thumbnails

go to