.

.

5 February 2012

Carmel Wallace detail of Colony at Brenda May Gallery

I come across many Anglo-Australians who are proud of their convict roots but I personally cannot relate to this while having a different heritage. The mesh of some peoples who live here can be seen in the layering of our structures. I do particularly love the centre of Sydney... here a view looking from the  Woolloomooloo footbridge that takes you to (my fave gallery) the Art Gallery of NSW.
Back at the Macleay Museum, in the centre, is a long nosed bandicoot (more along the greenway) and a newly exhibited field notebook 1880 by the Russian scientist Miklouho-Maclay (name coincidental). As well as human rights, biology, neurology he was interested in the tattoo patterns of South Coast Papua New Guineans hoping that they revealed ancient migrations routes of the Pacific.
At Dank St now there is a sculpture bonanza held by most galleries and Carmel Wallace's work caught my eye.. click on the link above.
This morning a coy Koel sat outside my place probably relieved to be out in the morning sun as we been having a deluge of rain with more predicted.
In the studio, another work begins... an installation I plan to make for an upcoming window exhibit. Thinking about tree tops and naturally more birds....
Related Posts with Thumbnails

go to