.

.

8 July 2010

Schwarzenberský Palác



While blaming it on the cold weather, I am working so slowly these days but also excited that my frozen birds are now with the taxidermist and I will see them soon...
I absolutely love collections of old old works and this year I went to see in Prague the new permanent exhibition Baroque in Bohemia at the beautifully restored and rejigged Schwarzenberský Palace standing next to the Prague Castle. It presents a lot of the applied arts, sculptures (saw a nightmarish over lifesized crucifix), paintings from late Renaissance to the end of Baroque covering all genres (yes, some bird paintings) and a room full of works on paper (below is one from a series depicting the 5 senses). The costumes were glorious and the elaborately jewelled robes below were once belonging to statues of Mary and infant Jesus.





Related Posts with Thumbnails

go to